By Graham Thurgood,Ela Thurgood,Li Fengxiang
This quantity is a grammatical caricature of Hainan Cham, an endangered tonal Austronesian language. The examine makes a speciality of 3 components: social history and call historical past, the grammar (including all of the recorded vocabulary), and an outline of the sound approach (including acoustic description). The appendixes additionally comprise the wordlist of Sanya chinese language varieties and 4 analyzed texts.
Read Online or Download A Grammatical Sketch of Hainan Cham: History, Contact, and Phonology (Pacific Linguistics [PL]) PDF
Similar linguistics books
Clients of average languages have many be aware orders with which to encode a similar truth-conditional which means. They decide on contextually applicable strings from those some ways with little awake attempt and with powerful communicative effects. earlier computational versions of whilst English audio system produce non-canonical notice orders, like topicalization, left-dislocation and clefts, fail.
This publication, all for corpus making plans in language coverage, presents a large, integrative framework and in addition discusses a number of languages intimately. It presents readers with nice familiarity with quite a lot of language situations and even as supplies them the theoretical instruments and research to determine how they inter-relate.
Thiswork identifies developmental levels within the acquisition of item pronouns byinstructed moment language rookies of Spanish. It examines newbies rangingfrom newbie to complicated, the place the main complex are themselves academics ofSpanish language classes. Experienceabroad is a crucial variable within the facts.
This enticing 2005 advent deals a serious method of discourse, written via knowledgeable uniquely put to hide the topic for various disciplines. Organised alongside thematic traces, the ebook starts off with an overview of the fundamental ideas, relocating directly to learn the equipment and concept of CDA (critical discourse analysis).
- Routledge Revivals: An Outline of Anglo-Saxon Grammar (1936): Published as an Appendix to "An Anglo-Saxon Reader"
- Dialogue Interpreting: A Guide to Interpreting in Public Services and the Community (Routledge Interpreting Guides)
- Non-Native Prosody: Phonetic Description and Teaching Practice (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM])
- Hofmannsthals Sprachgeschichte (Reihe Germanistische Linguistik) (German Edition)
- Vowel Patterns in Language (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
- Semiotik und Werbung - Analyse einer brasilianischen Printanzeige (German Edition)
Extra resources for A Grammatical Sketch of Hainan Cham: History, Contact, and Phonology (Pacific Linguistics [PL])