By Trevor Cook
The fourth version is introduced absolutely modern to incorporate the advent of the Unitary Patent courtroom (UPC) and the way it's going to paintings in practice.
Fully up-to-date to incorporate the most recent advancements, this fourth version may be of significant use to in-house attorneys, solicitors and barristers, in addition to pros drawn to patents, together with patent brokers, and most sensible point administration executives.
Part 1 Patents generally:
1. advent to the patent system
2. utilising for and securing the provide of a patent
3. Transactions with patents and with patent applications
4. approaches in disputes touching on patents
5. Patent validity – considerable law
6. Patent infringement – considerable legislation
Part II Patents in particular components of technology
7. Patents for chemical substances, prescription drugs and agrochemicals
8. Biotechnology patents
9. Patents in electronics, communications, computing and for enterprise methods
Part III Appendices
Previous variation ISBN: 9781847668905
Read or Download A User's Guide to Patents (A User's Guide to... Series) PDF
Similar intellectual property law books
Such a lot scholarship on highbrow estate considers this legislation from the viewpoint of legislation and economics. below this traditional wisdom, intellectual estate is simply a instrument for selling leading edge items, from iPods to R2D2. during this hugely unique publication Madhavi Sunder demands a richer knowing of highbrow estate law’s results on social and cultural lifestyles.
Even if there seems to be no company felony foundation within the Treaties for ecu legislative motion aimed in particular at keeping media pluralism, this booklet opens a couple of promising avenues alongside which a potential felony regime keeping media pluralism might be accomplished within the ecu. With specific specialise in broadcasting, the publication examines present (albeit fragmented) legislative and regulatory measures in pageant legislations and different components that give a contribution to this objective, and units forth how one can develop tracking and transparency, generate ‘soft legislations with challenging statements’, introduce a ‘pluralism try’ within the ecu Merger legislation, advertise extra public provider media, and foster media literacy.
The 1st version of this publication in 2002 was once the 1st united kingdom textual content to ascertain electronic copyright including comparable components comparable to performers' rights, ethical rights, database rights and pageant legislation as a topic in its personal correct. up-to-date variations have incorporated the united kingdom implementation of the 2001 info Society Directive and statement on user-generated content material and the advance of net 2.
Governing scientific wisdom Commons makes 3 claims: first, facts concerns to innovation policymaking; second, evidence indicates that self-governing wisdom commons help potent innovation with no prioritizing conventional highbrow estate rights; and 3rd, wisdom commons can reach the severe fields of medication and future health.
- The Piracy Crusade: How the Music Industry's War on Sharing Destroys Markets and Erodes Civil Liberties (Science/Technology/Culture)
- Resisting Intellectual Property (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)
- Art Law in a Nutshell (Nutshells)
- Essentials of Intellectual Property: Law, Economics, and Strategy
- IP Attorney's Handbook for Insurance Coverage in Intellectual Property Disputes
Extra resources for A User's Guide to Patents (A User's Guide to... Series)